Getting started in a new career field can be a challenge and this is especially true for real estate agents, as it’s a career field that requires a lot of skill, dedication and motivation. So how do you maximize your chances of success as a new real estate agent? Well, that’s precisely what we’ll explore in today’s article from Southern Connecticut Coldwell Banker Realtor Judy Szablak and founder of Szablak Consulting.
Success Tips for Novice Real Estate Agents
Real estate is a highly competitive field and it’s a career where nobody is going to hold your hand. What’s more, your financial rewards are a direct reflection of your skill and motivation level, which can be both a positive and a negative.
If you’re a new real estate agent who’s hungry to succeed, consider these tips from an experienced real estate professional and consultant:
• View real estate as a career, not a hobby. Many enter real estate on a part time basis due to the fact that there is no weekly paycheck. This makes it impossible for some to pursue a career in real estate without holding down another job at first. That said, it’s essential that you put in the time and effort that you would invest into a full-time gig. This will result in success that comes much faster than it would otherwise.
• Save money for times when sales are slim. A successful real estate career requires good money management skills because you’re not going to receive a steady weekly paycheck. Rather, you’ll receive larger lump sums. This can be a difficult change for many who are accustomed to a weekly wage. So put yourself on a weekly budget and set aside a fair portion of each commission check to build a savings account that will take you through the times when you don’t have a closing as expected.
• Form a vast professional network. To succeed in real estate, you really do need to have a strong professional network. So make a concerted effort to attend networking events in person and join networking groups online. This can lead to many more opportunities than you may otherwise encounter.
• Work with buyers and sellers. Many enter real estate with the idea that they will target only sellers or only buyers. And while this is a good idea further down the road, it’s best to work with both buyers and sellers when you’re starting out. This will allow you to refine both skill sets, while offering more opportunities to earn money.
• Leverage technology to your benefit. Use technology to the maximum advantage. This is key for marketing in particular. From using social media and landing pages to promote property listings, to using drone technology to capture aerial videos, or capturing 3D virtual home tours and virtual home staging. You can also benefit from the many apps that can be used to track mileage, which is all tax deductible!
Tips to Grow Your Career With Szablak Consulting Founder and Realtor Judy Szablak
Getting started in real estate and setting off down the path toward success can be a real challenge. But this is where you can benefit from working with a career consultant like Judy Szablak. She can provide new real estate agents with valuable insights and recommendations that give them a competitive edge in today’s real estate industry. A consultant will not only offer advice and recommendations, but she will also share her valuable knowledge and expertise on topics such as online marketing for Realtors and social media marketing to get leads, to sales motivation tips and other tips to sell more homes!
Aspiring top producing real estate agents may also with consider reading Realtor Judy Szablak’s related article with advice to help you enjoy a long lasting real estate career.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level or are just starting working as a Realtor, turn to real estate professional and consultant Judy Szablak, founder and CEO of Szablak Consulting and Best Agents Online, LLC. With Judy’s guidance and expertise, you’ll take your career to incredible places, finding success that’s beyond what you believed to be possible!
If you’re a real estate agent who is ready to elevate your sales or if you’re a realty owner or manager who’s seeking a dynamic, expert coach to bring a new element of professionalism to your sales team and your brokerage firm, turn to Realtor Judy Szablak of Szablak Consulting. Call 855.438.5839 or complete the booking form.