As a real estate agent, you need to have a distinctive, memorable brand. But actually building a brand is way more challenging than most expect. So how do you build a super memorable brand that can actually help you grow your real estate career? Consider these Realtor branding tips from Southern Connecticut Coldwell Banker Realtor Judy Szablak and founder of Szablak Consulting.
What is a Brand?
The key to successful branding is to first understand what a brand is and why it’s important. You can think of your brand as your professional identity; your one-of-a-kind professional flavor of sorts.
A brand should encompass and represent you as a professional, your philosophy, your experience and your niche, while appealing and resonating with your target audience.
Your brand includes you and the way you do business, along with a distinctive logo and brand imagery that should be utilized in everything that you do, from your business cards and printed materials, to your website, letterhead and beyond.
Your brand is essential because it makes you unique and memorable. A good brand should bring a specific idea or feeling to mind; it should be effective in conveying who you are and what you’re all about.
Tips for Building Your Brand as a Realtor
Once you understand what a brand is, it’s time to start building and using that brand! Ideally, you should work with a branding expert, but even when you work with a branding expert, there are a number of things you’ll need to do in order to ensure success. Consider the following.
• Be Consistent – You must be consistent with your branding. You must use the same logo, color scheme and brand imagery with everything that you do, including your website, business cards, and printed materials. Inconsistency makes it impossible to achieve brand recognition.
• Differentiate – Your brand should make you distinctive and different from all others. If your brand is too similar to a competitors or too generic and “forgettable,” then it’s just not going to be effective. Your brand should set you apart in some way, highlighting your uniqueness, whether it’s your specialty, your approach, your level of experience or anything else that makes you unique and different.
• Specialize – As you build your brand, you should strive to distinguish yourself as a specialist in a particular niche. What is your area of expertise? Where do you excel? Find your talent or niche and then capitalize upon that specialty, highlighting it as an offering that’s unique to you.
• Know Your Target – You absolutely must know who you’re targeting with your brand. Who is your ideal client? What types of things appeal to that type of client? What’s unappealing to that type of person? These points must remain at the front of your mind when you develop your brand. There’s little use in developing a brand if it’s not appealing to your clients!
• Use Your Brand! – Once you develop a memorable, distinctive brand, you’ll need to start using that brand! Make up matching social media banners. Get new business cards. Change your email signature. Update your website. Get new letterhead. Print out new flyers. Your logo and other brand elements should be used in everything that you do to help promote brand recognition while maintaining consistency.
Tips to Grow Your Career With Szablak Consulting Founder and Realtor Judy Szablak
A career consultant like Judy Szablak can provide new real estate agents with valuable insights and recommendations that put them on the path to success in today’s competitive real estate industry. A consultant will not only offer advice and recommendations, but she will also share her valuable knowledge and expertise on topics such as online marketing for Realtors and social media marketing to get leads, to sales motivation tips and other tips to sell more homes!
Aspiring top producing real estate agents may also with consider reading Realtor Judy Szablak’s related article with advice to help you enjoy a long lasting real estate career.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level or are just starting working as a Realtor, turn to real estate professional and consultant Judy Szablak, founder and CEO of Szablak Consulting and Best Agents Online, LLC. With Judy’s guidance and expertise, you’ll take your career to incredible places, finding success that’s beyond what you believed to be possible!
If you’re a real estate agent who is ready to elevate your sales or if you’re a realty owner or manager who’s seeking a dynamic, expert coach to bring a new element of professionalism to your sales team and your brokerage firm, turn to Realtor Judy Szablak of Szablak Consulting. Call 855.438.5839 or complete the booking form.